quinta-feira, 19 de maio de 2011

A most pleasant night...

Before even beginning to tell this tale, I gotta say it's best read with any of the songs in the following playlist playing in the background...though the one I really have in mind is "that one", which I need not say...the one who matters will already know! So, here's the playlist, and the story...


And, this was a most pleasant night. To see your smile, to see the sparks in your eyes, to feel the heat of your sweet little hands. This was a most pleasant night, indeed...

I can still remember the first time I laid eyes on you! You thought I was after another girl, though at the moment I saw your smile...all I could think about was this beautiful smile! I had to be with you, find out more about you, dance with you, as most as I could. And, that's what we did...we danced, and danced for the remainder of the night! But, as it usually happens, the carriage bacame punpkin again, and a crystal shoe was left behind. I didn't know if I'd be able to find you again, in position to be able to return it to you.


A couple of weeks later, fortunately, we were dancing together again. And we danced, all night, like there was nobody else in that crowded place. At least it felt like that in my heart. My eyes could only see your smile, my arms could only feel the heat of your body, as we danced, as you spinned, as you looked at me every now and then...
But, I still held your crystal shoe, still hold it at the moment...waiting for when the time comes when I can gently put it back onto your feet, if this time comes...and, I hope it does.

We talked, and have been talking constantly, about facts of life, about daily routines, about the movie you saw on some TV, and thought it was a weird modern version of Cinderella...we have been talking about us, about you, about me, about the possibility of us becoming one. Well, I have to admit, I'm the one doing most of the talking on that matter...and, I'm sorry if I'm being inappropriate, or trying to rush things. It's just that somewhere, deep inside of me, a light has been lit, and some voice from beyond keeps saying "She can be the one", "She is most probably the one", and another voice in my chest would really like to be saying "She IS the one!".

But, we're both rational people, we both like to reason things over, take careful steps over almost any situation. My brain and my heart keep fighting this intense battle, with no foreseeable outcome, though a shed of hope says love can be the winner. My fragile heart, mended and mended after a few crashes over the course of a few decades, allied to my brain, try to tell my soul that I should take things easy, move slowly, the same way you keep on telling me to do.

Yet, my mouth is a rebel, and keeps telling me it should meet yours...it trembles every time it sees your sweet smile towards me. My hands want to hold your hands as much as they can, my arms plead to embrace you, to keep you warm and protected. But, you're still unsure of things, and all I can do is respect you...and, you can be sure of one thing: you can trust me, you can rely on this feeling that has been nurtured towards you. I'd never try to cross any boundaries without previous consent. You can be sure of that! For things to be perfect, as I'd like them to be, for you and me, it should feel right for the both of us!

So, this night came along, this night when I saw you, away from all the curious eyes from the place we both are used to going. There we were, together, just you and me, laughing, talking, spilling mango juice everywhere, making cheese kebobs, betting on who could say "farofa" without spitting 'milanese' all over the place. There we were, looking at each other's eyes, yet also avoiding that from time to time, and touching hands, and laughing some more. And, there we were, on our way home, to your home, and the pure happiness you gave me by just letting me try to keep you warm on a cold night. Oh, I love cold nights for that. I loved feeling the closeness of your body, the tenderness of your hug, and the sweet way you tried to keep your hands warm by hiding them into my jacket's pockets. If I could define perfection into a moment, that would be it, walking into the night, close together, laughing, talking, thinking of nothing much other than just the moment.

And, girl, you make me laugh, in the nicest way. You make me smile at the sweetness of your excitement about new dance moves, and this new world you've just discovered, and that makes you feel so good. You make me smile at the way you hold my hands, the way you try to come close, yet feeling unsure of the next step, unsure of what you really want, or just afraid of getting hurt (though the last thing I would ever want would be to hurt you!)...
Oh boy, and was it fun dancing with you on the sidewalk, not giving a damn about what anyone else out there would be thinking of it. No one has anything to do with what we do, as long we are having fun with each other. And, it was fun making you spin on that incline...it was really difficult to stand on the same spot for long, wasn't it? It was nice playing songs you enjoyed, and it was sweet (though a bit embarrassing for me) to play that special song, since the place and the moment were not the ideal, yet!

Once again, there came the time for you to get inside, to leave me once more, to leave me looking forward to the next time I'll see you. You left me wondering about the future, about when you are away, about lots of things in life. And, I don't even know what you're looking for. I don't know if your heart has mended from the last time you said it had been broken, if it is still broken, if it still beats for someone else. I don't know if you're just looking for one other friend with whom to spend good times with, or if you have a little spot for me in your heart, where I could fit until you can figure this whole thing out. I don't know much about anything right now, I just feel a lot. But, I have been holding back, trying to go with the flow, waiting for the right moment to take any action.

So, don't be afraid in case, and just in case, someday you feel like crying from the top of your lungs, or whispering close to my ear, "It's time for the third option, honey", for I'll give you the third option, and probably a fourth, and a fifth, and much more, if you'd have them. And I'll wait, for as long as I can, for as long as my momentarily weakened heart allows me to...I'll wait for an answer. Though, it doesn't matter...moments like these, like the one we had tonight, are worth a lot, and they will be remembered...always! No matter what comes next, what the future holds for us...it matters that we have fun together, we laugh together...whatever else comes, it'll be a plus, a very welcome extra, with the possibilities that open up for a lot of joy in life!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário