sexta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2011

Why this blog exists

"Why this blog exists?" (text imported from an old blog of mine, now deleted, the Robot-like Mind), you might be asking yourself. Well, the idea of making this blog came right after watching a pretty interesting movie called "Numb", with Matthew Perry in it. The movie shows a man who suffers from depersonalization (more info, here), and desperately attempts to find a cure, especially when he meets the woman who he believes is the love of his life.

I can say I related to the movie pretty much, having suffered from occasional depersonalization episodes myself for the past decade or so. Not only depersonalization, but other humor/mood and dissociative disorders, here and then. Quite to be expected, since most anxiety/depression-based disorders come in sets.

I've written about other such disorders before, but after the above-mentioned movie, I felt like I should have a blog about all those things I've been studying so much about, and that so many people out there suffer from, too, and sometimes don't know where to look for support.


As for me, I can certainly say I got my share of such disorders. None of them at any severe degree, I believe (and hope), but quite a few of them, which can become pretty annoying at times. Each person may have a different experience of such illnesses, with varying symptom intensities and frequency of episodes. My particular symptoms, and disorders, for instance, are not usually severe, nor neverendingly constant, but they come pretty often, one at a time, or some at a time. OCD, depersonalization episodes, sudden mood changes, existential depression (specially the type suffered by gifted individuals), chronic anxiety, and so forth.

The reasons for a person to suffer from any of these, and/or other disorders, may vary greatly, or usually come from a combination of factors. Psychological trauma, genetic predisposition, upbringing, etc.

Anyway, that's why I started this blog, and intend to post useful information about the subject, as well as to post personal experiences on this matter. Welcome!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário